One of the most common terms in any large organization is Risk Management. Risk Management has grown from a vertical role shared by multiple organizational executives into a separate horizontal practice in which a series of professionals can often dedicate entire careers. But what exactly is Risk Management? What is IT Risk Management? What is a Risk Management Framework? And why is it a vital component of an effective cyber security platform? For me, Risk Management is a rigorous business discipline that if applied and communicated correctly can ensure a business continues to achieve a strategy for profitable growth. It’s also the language of executives and one that cyber security executives should be extremely well versed in cyber security decisions should be driven from a shared understanding of your organization’s assets, threats, and vulnerabilities so that security investments address the most significant risks. Security is a property of your entire IT infrastructure or application stack and should be considered as a whole. When you make security investments or purchase products without this whole-system understanding, your biggest risks might still be left unmitigated, no matter how much you spend.
MhzGlobal can help you determine your actual risks and partner with your company’s decision makers to create a workable, affordable, scalable strategy to reduce cyber risks in both the short- and long-term. Working together, we will:
- Locate accountability for cyber security in your organization so that decision making, execution, and incident response are effective.
- Identify the value of your information assets to your organization and to potential attackers in order to quantify the impact of security problems.
- Analyze security threats specific to your industry and type of organization.
- Identify where security risk management should be integrated into software development and technology acquisition.
- Create a security strategy so that the organization can proactively respond to an evolving threat landscape.
- Manage the residual risk that exists in every system.
- Identify applicable design approaches for developing secure systems.
- Determine how to find, document, track, and prioritize vulnerabilities in networks and software systems.
- Prioritize bug fixes, security controls, and other mitigation based on their ROI.
- Create a protocol for handling security incidents if and when they occur.
With this organizational context established, we can partner with your technology team to:
Ensuring cyber security requires coordinated efforts throughout an information system. Elements of cyber-security include:
- Application security
- Information security
- Network security
- Disaster recovery / business continuity planning
- End-user education.
In addition to meeting (and exceeding) the regulatory mandates listed below, MhzGlobal are also providing consultancy Regulatory Requirements Critical to Compliance
- PCI Dss 3.0